Monday, May 12, 2008

TILL THE CLOUDS ROLL BY


MY VIEW:
I went to the movie with my girlfriend to the RITZ theater . On Mondays they have SLIVER SCREEN DAY, (old Black and White movies) It cost me $2.00 admission and I got a free popcorn and drink! This was too good of a deal to pass up!
I really enjoyed this movie. It was a wonderful storyline with many cameo appearances by well known actors and actresses.
I love the old movies mostly because they are uplifting and clean movies to watch. I especially like the musical types.
SYNOPSIS:
Beginning on December 27, 1927 with the opening night of Kern's masterpiece Show Boat, the film flashes back in time to the 'early days' with Kern (Robert Walker) a struggling songwriter, receiving platitudinous counsel from earnest Van Heflin who implores him not to waste his time on 'little tunes' but to 'think big.' Which is exactly what the aspiring composer does, going from one success to another, marrying along the way and, at one point, offering advice of his own to Heflin's stagestruck daughter (Lucille Bremer) who throws a tantrum when a number he has written for her is given to Marilyn Miller (Judy Garland) instead."- Clive Hirschhorn, The Hollywood Musical

No comments: